Week in WordPress episode 2: WordPress is worth eleventy billion
Week in WordPress episode 2 is out!
Plenty of great discussion surrounding the WordPress ecosystem, the value of WordPress, and the culture of our community.
All that and more, coming up!
Week in WordPress episode 2
Matt Mullenweg on This Week in Startups w/ Jason Calacanis
- part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3hFrpVCPc
- part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128zQnB4hGc
- Shares his thoughts on tumblr acquistion (sold for “too little”)
- How WordPress is making money (and still learning)
- The importance of open source
- His biggest mistake: 2005 adding advertising on .org
- His thoughts on why rewriting WP from the ground up wouldn’t be the most productive use of time and resources
- Great interview
Bad Attitudes are not welcome
- Referencing http://wpdaily.co/attitude-adjustment/
- What’s the deal with WordPress community now that we’re 10 years old?
WPDaily (WordPress news) doing $3k in revenue
- “Our first post was December 1, 2012 and 143 days later, on April 22, 2013 we started monetizing and sold out nearly all our original stock overnight. A few weeks later we established our baseline (direct sales) offering (had a pre-sold list demanding us to increase quantity) and found the property to be grossing in excess of $3,000 / month.”
Where the heck is WP 3.6?
- 3.5 – Released Dec 11 12
- 3.5.1 – Jan 24 13
Automattic acquires mobile WordPress app Poster
- Poster enables you to post articles on WordPress from your iOS device
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed
- Tom Witkin, will also be joining Automattic
- Thoughts on future acquisitions?
Stay Connected with Us
Get valuable information right in your inbox!
The information is free and we won't share your email with anyone!