It’s about 175 degrees near Boston so we’re serving up the hottest WordPress news for you!
This week we’re joined by Bob Dunn, Chris Lema and Tom Mcfarlin — 3 gents that know a thing or two about WordPress and the community. Grab a lemonade and kick back to catch up on all the happenings of the week in WordPress!
Week in WordPress episode 6
Headlines of the week
The WP Conf
- A fork of the traditional LA WordCamp
- Welcome to The WordPress Conference. We’re just getting under way and are in the early planning stages. What is this all about? Please subscribe for future updates * indicates required Email Address * First Name Last Name Email Format html text mobile
- An online meetup similar to a monthly meetup
- MeetWP is an online WordPress Meetup. Local Meetups are a great place to learn about WordPress and meet new people in the WordPress community, but not everyone can make it to a local meetup or are in an area where a Meetup dedicated to WordPress can happen. MeetWP, the online WordPress Meetup, is here to bring together people all over the world in a virtual meetup to learn from each other.
- Announcement: DevPress to Solve WordPress News Problem
- Instead of sitting around waiting for another site (Poststat.us) to take WPDaily’s place, I’ll just build one myself. Why?
- Brian said Poststat.us will be a part-time effort so there goes my hope down the drain for another site.
- Because I keep telling the Poststat.us and WPtavern.com guys to automate WordPress news with moderators, but they won’t.
- Because when you want something done right, do it yourself.
WordPress 3.6 RC and 2 week release
Themeforest Updates Theme Guidelines
- Effective 09/09/13
- Clarified a lot of items
- Better matches WP.com/WP.org guidelines
- Make mention to http://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/coding-standards/ (great resoruce if you haven’t already seen it)
- Section for Plugins (Nov 2013, in draft)
WPNinjas changing pricing model
- Thursday, August 1st, 2013
Drag and drop WordPress themes & other bloat in themes
Just the tips
Matt: Back up your data
Tom: WordPress to Dropbox plugin http://tommcfarlin.com/wordpress-to-dropbox/
Chris: Improve your WordPress skills (a high-five to Tom) http://tommcfarlin.com/improve-your-wordpress-development-skills/
Scott: Force stron passwords on your WordPress site http://wordpress.org/plugins/force-strong-passwords/
What about Bob?