The Brown University Library needed a website that would allow for easy publishing of media and unique displays of featured content.
With experience supporting and developing WordPress websites in the Higher Education space, Slocum Studio was approached by the Brown University Library to develop a publishing platform for their “Brown Digital Humanities” projects and digital media content.
The Brown University Library had a journal of Digital Humanities projects and digital media that they were looking to create.
- Publish educational content using WordPress
- Highlight important or “featured” media on the homepage and in internal pages
- Build page templates to best showcase media and visuals
We customized one of our own WordPress themes to accommodate speed and usability for this web project.
Using recommended WordPress plugins and custom solutions, the team was able to build a platform that would allow for easy creation and publishing of content. Brown University Library staff would also be able to easily choose what featured posts to display where.
This was powered by Conductor, our own tool for helping publishers manage the display of their content.
To highlight featured media, Slocum Studio provided an easy solution for the client to dynamically choose if a post was featured or not as well as what post was featured on the home page.
Custom publishing content includes:
- Home Page with custom content
- Latest Posts section
- Custom Featured Posts category
- Featured Posts template
- Special author box to display author information
- Custom block quotes for special information
- Archive pages to display a list of media
- Responsive design for mobile phones and tablets
View the gallery below to see how we make publishing educational media simple and easy, using WordPress.