Westport Historical Society
Migrating from Movable Type
- The Westport Historical Society had a website on the Movable Type framework.
- We migrated the content from that framework over to WordPress for better control of content.
- The vast archive of all historical photos were saved.
- White papers and articles were brought over.
- Existing links were transferred to maintain outbound affiliate links that Westport had.
- History is constantly being made and found.
- Westport Historical Society is a resource for students and historians.
- WordPress is THE best place to organize content and add additional resources.
- We added specific categories to make browsing the hundreds of pieces of content seamless.
Here to Help
While Westport Historical Society had a grasp on the history of its town, would they
grasp a new framework?
- When our agency develops websites, we do not stop there.
- What good is a new tool without an instruction manual?
- We taught Westport Historical Society how to:
- Manage user accounts
- Create and publish new content
- Sort by the correct category
- Use special plugins to make life easier
Working with a non-profit organization requires different goals and design.
- We created a call-to-action and a page for donations.
- We made the “Donate” page easier to find.
- Different donation levels were provided.
- We coded the donation panel to be more secure for the client than before.
Learning Across all Devices
Increasingly, people are studying on tablets and smartphones.
- We implemented a custom WordPress design to support clean placement of video and images.
- All of this dynamic multimedia content is viewable on a desktop, mobile phone, or tablet in a unique way.