Notice: We are not accepting Guest Posts at this time.
Thanks for contributing to our page on Guest Posting Guidelines. We are glad to partner with talented writers, marketers, and revenue leaders aligned with our nitch. Please read through this page; we do not want to waste time corresponding to questions or reviewing posts that do not follow our guidelines.
These same guidelines apply to our sister website, Slocum Themes.
Below is a list of Desired Blog Post topics we prefer to have writing on
- Content marketing ideas for small business
- WordPress-related content
- Working with WordPress Themes
- e-commerce sales
- Startup growth strategies
- Social selling
- Marketing tips, guides, how-to’s, and advice for founders, small businesses
- Outbound marketing strategies
- Sales/marketing tips
Before sending us writing, ask yourself these questions:
- Is this topic relevant to what we have already published?
- Is it unique in title and text, and what is it about?
- Will this post offer solutions (that don’t require someone to purchase your products or services)?
- Do you have the knowledge to write about this topic? Are you qualified?
- Can you offer insight on this topic?
If you have any questions, email a Slocum team member.
Note: We want content from people with hands-on experience in marketing, sales, or a founder. We are not interested in unrelated topics or promotional posts.
Need help with your WordPress project? Contact us.
Guest Post Content Tips
We want to share educational, engaging, and entertaining content, not product-focused or promotional. We don’t push products or services on our customers that we don’t believe in ourselves.
We may elect to install affiliate links at our discretion. In addition, add (non-competitive content) relating to one of our web properties, internal links, graphics/imagery, and the like.
Guest Posting Guidelines.
- Posts should be at least 1500+ words long; quality content trumps quantity content. However, longer is great, too, and has obvious benefits. If you need more words to explain your subject, go for it. Write for people, NOT just for search engines.
- Slocum Studio reserves the right to add content to your post. Content submitted and published by Slocum Studio is content owned by Slocum Studio.
- We allow for one or two do-follow links. Depending on the quality of the post and who is writing the post. Non-competing links (see below). We allow links that reference statistics, studies, etc.; see below.
- Make your content easy to read by placing headings, subheadings, bullets, and other visual elements to increase your readability posts.
- We want to share content that is authoritative and interesting.
- Personalizing it with some humor is good and keeps it tasteful.
- All content MUST BE ORIGINAL; you must link to it if you quote other content. No plagiarism and no syndicated content are allowed. If you are using a.i., be sure to humanize the content.
- If you refer to content, i.e., studies, stats, or the like, name your sources or link back to the source.
- Back up your subject matter with facts. Take screenshots. Include interesting data, images, or graphics. Support your arguments with external references.
- Please be sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- We do not allow a link back to sites competing in the same vertical as us. So, tell us where the link is going.
- We ask that you link to (3) of our blog articles in your post.
- Don’t overdo it with links! Linking to statistics or how-to is cool, but not to unrelated websites.
- All graphics or images must be owned by you or licensed for use on the blog post.
- Please submit a FEATURED IMAGE with your content. Please make it 1500 pixels by 1000 pixels 72 DPI Jpeg.
You can submit your write-up via a Google Doc and share it with us.