Knowledge is power– and leads to developing a great website
The discovery session is a learning session for both our team and yours. We need to learn everything there is about your business. And you need to learn how we handle our workflow, what assets are needed, and how we communicate.
As important, we need to know how you want the website to perform to support your goals, most importantly, if it’s an e-commerce website.. We work together to shape a strategy based on how you operate your business and how the website can support those activities.
Our typical discovery session lasts about 3 hours, but it depends on the size and scope of the project.
What we hope to learn from the discovery session.
- Your brand, branding guidelines, colors, graphics, etc.
- Full line of services that you offer, with details.
- Full line of products you offer.
- List of competitors locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Example of websites that you may like.
- Legal restrictions or requirements in the case of notices and usage of products or services.
- Franchise guidelines if applicable
- Phases how many, what the timeline is, and what is included in each.
Agenda what we cover
- Business overall, vitals
- Services or products offered
- Demographics, your target audience
- Website content
- Social Media
This process should give us a good overall feel for your business. However, some things don’t get asked for or covered even with the most thorough sessions. So we like to send out a recap or what we call a strategy assessment as we understand it.
- Your business goals.
- Your target market
- The goals you’re hoping to achieve with the new website.