Lots of news about WordPress news this week!
Today we talk about the closing of one popular WordPress news site as another steps into the spotlight. We’ll also cover some of the security concerns surrounding WordPress and other major milestone’s throughout the industry.
Sit back, relax and enjoy episode 5!
Week in WordPress episode 5
Before we dive into the episode, let’s introduce the guests on this week’s show:
- Adam Warner of FooPlugins
- Curtis McHale of CurtisMcHale.com
- Jeff Chandler of WPTavern.com
- Pippin Williamson of PippinsPlugins.com
The WordPress 2013 survey
- Your answers will be beneficial to lots of people in the community (including you!). Results will be made available to all survey respondents and may be published at WordPress.org, on the WordPress Developer blog, and presented at WordCamps.
- Originally shutdown and locked out access
- Lot’s of negative feedback about that
- Re-opened site and content for archival purposes
- No real reason as to why they ended — revenue? PressGram? Sly move to sell?
Poststat.us 2 launches
- Perfectly timed for the WPDaily closure
- Launches new design
- Has Theme Foundry as a 3 month “partner” in advertising
- Still short posts linking to original source — still more of the same as WPDaily?
Disturbing report on WordPress security
Defending theme frameworks
WPEngine launches version 2 of their dashboard
Page.ly launches new CDN
WooCommerce turns 5 years old + Recently announces 1m+ WooComm dl’s