It is a very “professional” episode of the Week in WordPress.
Is WordPress as we know it going downhill? Is it going to be a Ghost in the next few years?
Matt, Scott, and Dan from Slocum Studio don’t seem to think so!
- With plugins where they are, is WordPress in a Gold Rush?
- Are we doomed to fail?
- Companies like Gravity Forms allowing for more open development
- Plugins as a platform
- The “appification” of WordPress?
- MP6 a clear sign
- How Automattic made their way to $1 Billion
- They did it without wearing pants
- Matt Mullenweg talks about the company mentality
- New proposal for WordPress 3.8
- Make it easier to manage where widgets live
- Get rid of the sidebar
- Click on a widget, select from a dropdown where the widget is going to go.
- A point/counterpoint discussion of where WordPress is headed
- Will platforms like Ghost take over?
- Similar to the last article
- More negative
- Mostly visual tweaks without a lot of substance or added value in WordPress 3.8
- Virtual tour of Automattic’s office, courtesy of Google
- Yet the Google Maps street view is out of date?
- C’mon Google!!
Just the Tips
- An open-source writing program from folks at Trinity College
- WordPress plugins used for increasing ebook potential
- Collaborative writing ala Google Drive?
- Our newest plugin!
- Try it out for free or purchase the pro version