Today’s cast is a large one. (and that’s not just because we have FAT Media on the line today!)
In this episode of Week in WordPress, we talk about Crowd Favorite, WordPress 3.8 beta 1 being released, and WordPress Twenty Fourteen theme coming to the masses of WordPress.org users.
The guests joining Matt and Scott today are:
- Carrie Dils
- Garrett Moon of TodayMade (creators of CoSchedule)
- Steven Word of Oomph
- Robert Neu of FAT Media
WordPress Headlines for the Week
- Member of 10up, will be working full-time as a guest committer
- Two members of 10up contributing like this, and 20 credited core contributors
- Transaction will occur early next year
- VeloMedia will change name to Crowd Favorite
- Crowd Favorite, enterprise level WordPress consultancy agency, will be joining the larger media entity
- More WordPress agencies to be acquired soon?
- Contender to AppPresser?
- For multisite networks that need to provide users with custom apps
- Can make a custom app for a particular client to make them happy and reduce your own workload down the line
- Interview on Frantic with Barry Abrahamson, CTO of WordPress.com
- WordPress, when tested and run properly can do just about anything you want it to
- Common misconception that it is only good for blogging
- A lot more front-end interaction in the coming years
- If you change your name, try to change it to one that is equally reputable (VeloMedia to Crowd Favorite)
- Notify all existing customers of the name change as you do so
- Don’t ignore your current brand equity
- Create signage to tell new customers who you were and what the new name is now
- New widgets for “Friends” and “Log In”
- New notifications under user profile
- New admin theme by George Kordas
- Makes the dashboard of WordPress more modern
- iOS7 styling with translucent backgrounds and clean, square boxes and text.
- Cute WordPress Calendar snippets
- New default theme has been released
- Looks more modern, with greens and blacks
- What do you think of the new theme?
- New admin design and responsive design
- Dashboard homepage has been refreshed
- Twenty Fourteen theme
- Choosing themes under “appearance” looks different
Just the tips
Matt – WordPress Startup Challenge
Garrett – Udemy.com